Grafted Growers Recipe (Butterscotch Squash)
You can’t go wrong with Cinnamon Roasted Butterscotch Squash because it’s a simple, quick, and tasty meal that’s also vegetarian and vegan, allowing us to enjoy it guilt-free.
Here’s another Grafted Growers recipe featuring Butterscotch Squash.
Butterscotch squash is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that provide several health benefits, with only 39.4 calories per cube (116 grams), 22 grams of carbs, 2 grams of protein, and 7 grams of fiber, and it’s also a good source of calcium, iron, phosphorus, and copper.
‘Cinnamon Roasted Butterscotch Squash’
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large butternut squash (peeled, seeded and cut into 1-2 inch wedges or cubes)
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° F. Remove the seeds and peel the squash. Cut into 1 inch wedges. You can alternatively cut it into smaller, chunkier chunks or fry shapes.
- Toss together all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, including the squash, olive oil, salt, cinnamon, black pepper, and brown sugar.
- Pour onto a non-greased baking tray or baking pan. (You can use glass or aluminum).
- Ensure that none of the parts overlap. The chunks will be more roasted the more apart they are placed.
- Bake for 20 minutes. To test whether the squash is fully cooked, poke a fork into one of the chunks.
- Remove the dish from the oven and serve warm or cold.