Grafted Growers Recipe (Green Magic Broccoli)
When presented with a dish of broccoli, do you still make the same face you did when you were a kid? That will no longer be a problem after you try this recipe. The garlic and lemon juice give this side dish a wonderful flavor. This recipe is so delicious that even broccoli haters will love it.
Here’s Grafted Growers recipe featuring Green Magic Broccoli!
Green Magic broccoli is almost entirely made up of water, with only 120 calories, protein 3.5g, carbohydrates 8.8g, fat 9.1g, cholesterol 22.9mg, sodium 99.6mg. (Per serving).
‘Easy Lemon and Garlic Broccoli’
- 1 pound broccoli, separated into florets
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place broccoli florets in a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons lemon juice and water, then pour into the skillet.
- Cover and steam for 5-10 minutes, or until broccoli is bright green and tender.
- While broccoli is steaming, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and stir in garlic and salt.
- Turn heat to low and let the garlic gently fry until golden brown.
- Drain the water from the cooked broccoli and return it to the skillet; add the butter and garlic mixture and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Season broccoli with a pinch of black pepper, toss to combine, and season with a bit more if desired.