Grafted Growers Recipe (Honey Bear Squash)
Having trouble getting your kids to eat their vegetables? Worry no more cause we got your back!
Here’s Grafted Growers recipe featuring Honey Bear Acorn Squash!
This cheesy Honey Bear squash will steal the spotlight no matter what the centerpiece of your meal is. The combination of sweet, salty, and creamy flavors is INCREDIBLY addicting.
With only 39.4 calories per cube (116 grams), 22 grams of carbs, 2 grams of protein, and 7 grams of fiber, Honey Bear squash is a great source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that give various health benefits. It’s also a good source of calcium, iron, phosphorus, and copper.
‘Cheesy Bacon Honey Bear Squash’
- 2 lb. Honey Bear squash (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp. chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. black pepper
- 1/2 lb. bacon (chopped)
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425°.
- In a large oven-safe skillet (or in a large baking dish). Mix the honey bear squash, olive oil, garlic, and thyme.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then top with bacon.
- Bake until the squash is tender and the bacon is cooked.
- Remove skillet from oven and top with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melty.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.