Grafted Growers Recipe (Kuroda Long 8 Carrot)
These garlic butter sautéed carrots will win over even the most averse veggie eaters. Talk about a simple side dish that’s a lot of fun to eat. Vegetables have never tasted so wonderful. It’s a little garlicky, with a buttery flavor and a caramelized blackened flavor.
Here’s Grafted Growers Recipe featuring Kuroda Long 8 carrots.
Beta-carotene, a naturally occurring chemical that the body converts to vitamin A, is abundant in carrots. A single fully grown Kuroda long 8 carrot provides 25 calories, 6 grams of carbohydrates, and 2 grams of fiber. It also contains more than 200 percent of your daily vitamin A needs.
‘Garlic Butter Sautéed Carrots’
- 1 pound Kuroda long 8 carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Peel and wash the carrots, then cut them into fourths across the thickness. Cut them into 2 to 3 inch lengthwise slices.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium to medium-high heat. Add garlic, carrots, salt, and pepper and sauté.
- Keep an eye on the carrots and turn them frequently. Cook until carrots are soft and slightly caramelized, about 10-15 minutes.
- Cook until carrots are very tender and lightly blackened, if desired.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, which has been finely chopped.
- Serve carrots warm or at room temperature.